Sophie Hartley´s birthday is right around the corner, so naturally she´s thinking about presents. Sophie has her own
ideas about what she should get for her birthday, as she does about everuthing. But which one world be the perfect
- The one her father said okay to while he was watching football on TV?
- The one she told all the kids at school about?
- The one her mother doesn´t know is coming?
- The one Sophie has wanted for so long that she has given up hope?
In the meantime, thereés friction between Sophie and her big and little sisters, lacrosse is complicating Sophie´s
longtime friendships, and family finances are stretched kind of thin. This birthday has many surprises in store for Sophie
- and not just the kind you unwrap.